Reservation cut-off date: January 19, 2018
Reservation cut-off date (extended): January 25, 2018
- Rooms have been reserved at a discount rate of $203 per night (same price for single and double rooms), for the workshop week (11-15 Feb).
- Please, use the web link bellow to book a room for the workshop, or call the toll free phone number, quoting the reservation code.
- Reservation Code for HotMobile 2018: 2UE1OR
- Web: Online reservations
- Phone: +1-877-955-0175
HotMobile 2018 is located in Tempe, Arizona.
For travel details on how to get to Tempe and to the hotel, please visit the hotel website at: https://www.destinationhotels.com/tempe-mission-palms/hotel/phoenix-airport-hotels.
Please note that the hotel offers a complimentary airport transportation from Phoenix Airport.
Visa Support Letter
For visa support letters, please send all requests to email@example.com with the following information. Those requesting a letter should allow up to one week to receive it, as requests are handled in the order they are received. The information below should be included with the request:
- Name (as it appears on attendee's passport) and mailing address
- The name of the conference you wish to attend
- Include your registration confirmation number
- If you are the author of any papers accepted for the conference, please provide the title. If you are a speaker, please provide the title/topic of your speech.
- Include a fax number or email address of where we can send the letter.
Student Travel Grant
Deadline: Jan 15th, 2018
Notification: Jan 17th, 2018
Travel support will provide up to $700 per student to help cover the cost of the student's travel, lodging, meals, and workshop registration fees. Although student authors of HotMobile 2018 papers who are also presenting posters will be given priority for travel awards, we will seriously consider applications from presenters of solely posters and demos. We also strongly encourage the participation from women, underrepresented minorities, and persons with disabilities. Some of the applicants will be selected to play visible roles in the organization and running of ACM HotMobile 2018, including registration desk duties and/or writing and publishing a workshop summary in ACM MC2R.
Applications for the travel award should be sent electronically as a PDF attachment to the HotMobile 2018 Student Travel Grant Chair, Kyungmin Lee at kyungmin[at]fb.com by Jan 15th, 2018 (Hard deadline). The subject line of the email should be: HotMobile 2018 Travel Grant Application. Please make sure that you receive an electronic confirmation of your submission. An application should consist of the student's CV, a short personal statement (maximum one page), and a supporting letter from the student's advisor.
The student's short personal statement should include:
- A brief summary of research interests and accomplishments to date.
- Type of participation at HotMobile 2018 (e.g., poster/demo presenter, paper presenter, etc.).
- A description of areas reflected in the HotMobile 2018 program that would impact the student's research.
- Importance of attending the conference to the student's research activities.
In addition, the student's advisor should send a letter of recommendation to the committee. It should include:
- Confirmation that the student is a Ph.D. candidate in good standing.
- The suitability of HotMobile 2018 program to the student's research area.
- Ways in which attending the workshop would benefit the particular student.
- The strengths and potential contributions of the student.
- The financial needs of the student in traveling to HotMobile 2018.
Applications will be reviewed by the HotMobile Travel Awards Committee, and the awards will be announced prior to the workshop. Please note that the reimbursement amount will be subject to change based on the number of awardees and it is expected to be at maximum of $700 per student. Eligible expenses for reimbursement include advance student registration, hotel, and air travel. Expenses that are not eligible for reimbursement include regular and/or on-site registration, meals, and local transportation (taxis, shuttles, parking, etc.). Student travel grants are available in the form of reimbursements that are sent after the completion of the conference and receipt of all required documentation and receipts. For any questions, please contact the HotMobile 2018 Student Travel Grant Chair, Kyungmin Lee, at kyungmin[at]fb.com.